Many families are exposed to a silent, deadly killer in their home each day, and they are completely unaware of it. Radon gas is an odorless, colorless gas that occurs naturally in all areas of the world. Minor exposure to the gas occurs daily. However, when individuals are exposed to it in high levels, they can become severely sick and even die. It is important that you understand what causes your risk to radon gas exposure and how to learn if it is in your home.
What Is Radon Gas?
Is Radon Gas in Your Home?
How Can You Get Rid of Radon Gas?
There are both do-it-yourself methods and professional methods that can be used to eradicate this gas from your home. Something as simple as opening the windows on a regular basis to air out the home can be beneficial, but many homeowners who have high levels of this gas in their home opt for professional eradication methods. For example, a professional may install a ventilation system that draws the gas outside of the home. Even when a ventilation system has been installed in your home, you may still benefit from periodic radon testing.Radon gas can be impossible to detect in your home without using a testing kit. Exposure to this gas can have serious and even deadly consequences for you and your loved ones in the home. It is imperative that you take the first step to identify the presence of this gas and to move forward with eradication processes if you discover through testing that you have high levels of radon in your home.